Child Development Center
The Child Development Center (CDC) at University of Northwestern offers a warm and welcoming environment where children feel a sense of belonging. It is a safe and loving family atmosphere full of music, fun and learning. We teach with Christian values where every child is upheld as a beloved child of God.
A Nurturing Environment
Your child's well-being is our top priority. We have a bright and cheery facility—where your child will feel safe and secure—designed specifically for the comfort and ease of young children with the protection of a security door and fenced play areas. The CDC helps your child to thrive and grow—this goal is at the heart of the care each child receives at the University of Northwestern Child Development Center.
There are four foundations to our loving Christian environment, where children learn and thrive:
- A family model: Our center features primary care teachers and multi-age care groups. We view staff, children, and parents as extended family and seek to make the center your child's home away from home.
- Intergenerational interaction: Through specifically designed and developmentally appropriate activities, our children learn to appreciate and interact with the residents of the EagleCrest Retirement Community, our Grandfriends.
- Teaching lab: Our center serves as a field experience site for University of Northwestern student teachers. This program raises the adult/child ratio, brings us fresh ideas and keeps our teachers at the forefront of their field.
- Music education: Our music specialist teaches the fundamentals of music, including singing, playing rhythm instruments and creative movement.
The center serves children from 16 months to 5 years of age.
Licensure and Accreditation
The University of Northwestern Child Development Center holds the following licenses and accreditations:
- Minnesota Department of Human Services
- National Academy of Early Childhood Programs through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Please contact our office if you are interested in scheduling a tour, getting a list of parent references, or learning more about our price structure and application process.
Interested in childcare? Send us your information.