Nazareth Hall, N3218
3003 Snelling Ave. N
St Paul, MN 55113
Judy Hougen has been teaching at UNW since 1993. She believes learning happens best in community and wants her classrooms to be small learning communities. Writing and appreciating the beauty of literature are acts that reflect the image of God who creates and who delights in his creation.
Writing and literature have the power to transform us and to be used by God to help us to become more empathetic to others and more aware of ourselves and to the layers of meaning that surround us.
- The Second Thing I Remember (New Rivers, 1993).
- Transformed into Fire: Discovering Your True Identity as God's Beloved (Kregel, 2003).
- "Word Becoming Flesh: Relating with God in Scripture" from Conversations, Spring 2005.
- "The Community of the Broken: Finding Intimacy Through Poverty" from Conversations, Fall 2005.
- "The Kingdom Is for the Broken: Keeping the Church Doors Open for Ragamuffins" (with Keith Meyer and David Johnson), Spring 2006.