Christian Graduate School Application
Northwestern considers all of the following in the admission process for graduate students:
- Evidence of a new birth in Jesus Christ.
- Willingness to abide by the conduct expectations as outlined in the Declaration of Christian Community.
- Likelihood of academic success at Northwestern.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally, nationally, professionally, or specialized accredited institution as listed in the Higher Education Directory.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.00 scale) from all earned Bachelor's degrees and previously taken graduate work.
- Submission of application and required essay.
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions (undergraduate and graduate) at which the applicant previously registered, whether or not transferable credits were earned.
Your application will be considered complete when the following have been received:
- Completed application (online application or PDF application).
- Application fee of $50 (check or money order payable to University of Northwestern)
- We will waive your $50 application fee if you attend an Information Night or schedule a personal appointment or Skype appointment with an admission counselor.
- Your application must include a 500-word essay that tells us about your daily walk with Christ and describes your personal and professional goals. Your essay will be evaluated for content and academic quality.
- Send your essay by mail, fax or e-mail as indicated on the Application Checklist at the end of the application. Include your name and e-mail in the header of the essay document.
- Request official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions at which you have previously registered whether or not transferable credits were earned.
Completed application and items listed above should be mailed, e-mailed or faxed to:
University of Northwestern – St. Paul
3003 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, MN 55113-1598
Contact your admission counselor if you have any questions about the application process.
When we receive your application, essay and transcripts, your file will be submitted for academic review and acceptance.
Additional essays, references or interviews may be requested.
Financial aid process
If you are applying for financial aid you will need to:
- Complete the FAFSA form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (school code 002371)
- Follow the steps to apply for financial aid
Once your file is complete and has been reviewed by the admissions committee, you will be notified of your admission status within 1–2 weeks.